Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I'm finally back to my blog, and just in time for blueberries!

Banana Cake with Blueberry Topping!


Hi fellow foodies! I've been away from my blog for a while... It's a great place to share recipes with friends, meet new people, and find the recipes I forgot to write down for myself last year when I created them. 
 Zucchini muffins, I'm so glad I found you again!

I'm going blueberry picking this week and wanted to share my NEW favorite recipe with you guys.
It is delicious and freezes very well if you wrap it in a few layers of saran wrap.  

Here is the recipe:

Old Fashioned Banana Cake with Blueberry Topping:
from lisa Stephens, adapted from Barefoot Contessa Banana Cake
2 very ripe bananas
¾ c. white sugar
½ c. dark brown sugar
½ c. canola oil
2 large eggs
½ c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
Opt. ( grated zest of one orange or lemon)
2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp. kosher salt
Blueberry Topping:
½ c. pecans coarsely chopped ( or sliced almonds)
¼ c. old fashioned rolled oats
2/3 c. blueberries, fresh or frozen
2 TBSP brown sugar
2 TBSP soft, slightly melted butter

Mix bananas, oil, sugars, eggs, sour cream, vanilla and zest in a mixer until blended.  Stir flour, salt and soda together.  Add dry ingredients to the batter and mix well (about 1 min)
Grease and flour a round 9 inch pan or you can use 2 smaller loaf pans.  I like to make it in a 9 inch round pan. 
 Add the batter to your pan and lightly place your blueberry topping on the top of the cake batter. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 min. until golden brown.  Let stand 10 min then invert to remove cake from the pan. Enjoy!

Try some plain Greek yogurt,  fresh blueberries and a handful of this home made granola! 
( recipe to follow in my next blog)


 




No comments:

Post a Comment